Friday 24 May 2013

Parent Questionnaire Outcomes - October 11 / May 2013


 
May 2013
(108 responses)
October 2011
(95 responses)
Agree/
Strongly agree
Disagree/
strongly disagree
Blank/Don’t know
Agree/
Strongly agree
Disagree/
strongly disagree
Blank/Don’t know
Wellbeing
My child enjoys school
97%
3%
0
84%
6%
10%
My child enjoys playtimes and lunchtimes
98%
2%
0
83%
9%
8%
The school keeps my child safe
100%
0
0
83%
7%
5%
The school helps my child to have a healthy lifestyle
95%
4%
1%
88%
4%
4%
The school expects my child to work hard and do his or her best
99%
1%
0
89%
3%
8%
The school treats my child fairly and with respect
98%
1%
1%
82%
8%
10%
The school deals effectively with unacceptable behaviour
96%
3%
1%
73%
16%
11%
The school rewards positive behaviour well
97%
1%
2%
82%
7%
11%
Progress and achievement
The school informs me about my child’s progress
98%
2%
0
62%
3%
35%
My child is making progress at this school
100%
0
0
78%
12%
10%
I have a clear understanding of what skills/knowledge are nationally expected of a child of my child’s age
94%
6%
 
0
72%
19%
9%
I have a clear understanding of my child’s targets and end of year expectations
94%
6%
0
80%
11%
9%
The school meets my child’s particular needs well
95%
4%
1%
75%
12%
13%
Partnership with parents
The school sets appropriate homework for my child
74%
16%
10%
80%
11%
9%
The school informs me how I can support my child’s learning
85%
4.7%
10.2%
78%
12%
10%
The school offers a range of quality resources to support learning at home, including reading and ICT resources
85%
4%
 
11%
72%
19%
9%
The school informs me about the types of support available for my child’s particular needs
75%
12%
 
13%
80%
11%
9%
The school has appropriate procedures for dealing with complaints
77%
6%
17%
73%
14%
13%
The school takes account of my suggestions and concerns
79%
5%
16%
81%
7%
12%
The school is led and managed effectively and I feel that I can approach school if I have a concern
82%
3%
15%
62%
21%
17%
I read and understand all of the written information that is sent by school and am aware of school news and developments
83%
3%
 
14%
67%
15%
8%
Quality of school experience
My child learns through interesting and exciting topics which they often talk about at home
84%
2%
 
14%
85%
5%
10%
There is a good range of activities including trips or visits for my child to take part in
83%
3%
 
14%
82%
5%
13%
The school offers a good range of after school clubs
82%
4%
 
14%
72%
15%
13%
Overall, I am happy with my child’s experience at this school
86%
1%
13.0%
83%
4%
13%
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:-
Homework:
I do feel there is far too much homework set which encroaches on family time.
I still feel homework is too much for their age.
Learning support:
My child finds work a struggle and could have more one to one help to improve.
Homework is far too much. Being kept in at lunch time for not catching up is not acceptable.
There is too much homework. Home time should be for playing and relaxing.
Struggles with numeracy-feel it would be more appropriate to have homework that supports this, perhaps in addition to “class homework”-lot of homework given is very difficult for my child.
My daughter started school late therefore I am not 100% sure on national expectations or her year end targets as we are working together to get her up to speed.
Parental engagement:
I think more effort should be made to help parents with overseas education understand how things are done in the UK. Many times I find myself stuck not being able to help my child.
Curriculum:
PE seems to have a low priority and is not given the value it deserves.
I think the topics are interesting but we never get any discussion about what is being learnt about.
I think Cookridge is a great school. I think it would benefit from an extra hall as PE is sometimes cancelled due to accessibility.
Cookridge Primary has a good sense of community spirit, I feel as though both my children enjoy coming every day to learn new things.
Leadership & Management:
Too much information, at times, from school.
Really impressed with head teacher and her input this school year. Enjoy her enthusiastic newsletters each week. Also the importance of attendance. The attitude of staff and positive feel everywhere!
School dinners have really gone down in quality. I sometimes now question the management of the school.
Would be helpful to know other staff names when teacher has PPA time- e.g. for PE & RE etc – children don’t always know or can tell us!
Since positive re-enforcement through team points has been introduced the children are much happier.
I think if you are excluded from school all trips/outings should be stopped – in particular 100% attendance trip to the cinema
 
 
What you like best:
Staff, children, atmosphere...


The positive attitude of staff/very good atmosphere/the team spirit /fantastic teachers.

Fantastic teachers who offer the children lots of encouragement.

The Reception teachers are a credit to the school.

That my child loves it and the teacher is great.

Nice friendly staff. Plenty of support from teachers.

Friendly approachable staff to both parents and children.

Mr Gamble and Miss Golia are amazing teachers that show care for the children through enthusiasm.

Friendly accessible staff-willing to listen.

Great attitude of staff who ultimately strive to improve my child’s development.

Very friendly, approachable, helpful staff!

Happy/fun atmosphere around school

I like the way teachers deal with students.

A wonderful family/friendly atmosphere in school that is reflected with how happy our children are at school.

It’s a great school altogether:  fantastic teachers, great pupils of all backgrounds and the main office staff are very, very helpful.

The camaraderie between pupils.

 

The curriculum...

The enthusiastic approach to learning, the rewards and goals you give and set.

I like the arts, the music, the international links and the rich curriculum.

I feel very happy with the way child has settled in and support given.

Children appear well taken care of during school breaks where adults assist with incidents. Very good!!

Inclusivity, positive behaviour model, rewarding of attainment and hard work /Head teacher awards

Range of after-school clubs.

Very pleased with school improvements.

Varied curriculum. Great clubs.

I’m really pleased with the support through Gateway etc.

Engagement and encouragement.

Well equipped.

 

Suggestions for further improvements:

A school council @ lunch times, involving some from each class.

More active learning (especially for boys)

Don’t let the academic subjects drown the creative ones.

After school clubs for Maths/ English for children that struggle.

Halal food as a third choice.

More after school activities for Reception children

A smarter school uniform.

Improved IT resources.